WHY LEARN TECHNICAL ANALYSIS?
WHY USE TECHNICAL ANALYSIS?
1.It’ll make and save you money.
2.It’ll take away some of the negative psychology of trading and investing.
3.It will create discipline in your trading.
4.It will save you time.
5.It could give you an ‘edge’ to your trading and investing.
LEARN FROM STEPHEN HOAD
WHY LEARN FROM STEPHEN HOAD?
– One of the UK’s leading Technical Analysts.
– Professionally qualified through The Society of Technical Analysts (STA) he holds the MSTA qualification – being one of only a rare few to achieve a distinction level in this vast subject.
– For the last five years he has been on the core panel of specialist lectures for the STA, teaching Technical Analysis to the professionals as part of the STA diploma course, and at Universities (Kings College / Queen Mary) on post graduate programmes.
– Qualified by experience! Worked for some of the worlds most successful trading firms, investment banks and hedge funds as a trader, portfolio manager & technical analyst.Technical Analysis specialty: Japanese Charts (Renko, Kagi, Line Break, Heikin Ashi, Ichimoku)
– He now trades his own funds and shares his vast wealth of knowledge and expreiences via THE STOP HUNTER and his YouTube channel for the benefit of private traders and investors.
At THE STOP HUNTER, we cover all the bases for your Technical Analysis journey in trading and investing.
Whether you are a complete beginner or much more experienced in the subject we will have something for you!
We offer FREE learning, courses, ideas, tips, analysis through our YouTube channel and paid courses covering a wide spectrum of Technical Analysis topics such as Renko, Line Break and specific Technical Analysis strategies e.g. Darvas, Volatility that can all be found on the UDEMY E-Learning platform.
We are always producing new content, courses, guides so keep watching this space! Why not check out some of our current offerings:
Get this part right and it makes trading a lot easier. Getting the correct Charting Package set up prior to you trading and that you are comfortable with and understand, is essential for your success. It can come down to personal preference as to which package you use but there are some important considerations to think about first before investing in any Charting software:
- Costs in relation to your trading fund – no point spending £500 per month on a flash system if your fund is only £2,500!
- Data feeds – do you get live data or do you have to pay for it?
- Does the software come with all the chart types / indicators / tools you will need?
- Is the software mobile compatable?
- Can you build your own strategies in the software?
- Is it easy to use and understand?
- Does it have a community and good customer support?
There are many packages out there from the very expensive e.g Bloomberg, CQG to the totally free (for a reason) but to become a good, successful trader you will need to invest in a decent charting package. So what do I recommend? Well, I’m only going to recommend what I use and I currently use Trading View – its a great package for ALL abilities:
Easy and intuitive for beginners, and powerful enough for advanced chartists – TradingView has all the charting tools you need to share and view trading ideas. Real-time data and browser-based charts let you do your research from anywhere, since there are no installations or complex setups.
Just open TradingView on any modern browser and start charting, learning and sharing trading ideas!
Sign up to TradingView through THE STOP HUNTER with the links below….
TradingView offers 4 classes of membership: Free, Pro, Pro+ and Premium.
Free is a heavily restricted version and useful to get you familiar with the product and charting.
The other 3 levels of membership come at different price points but the Pro+ and Premium version would give you everything I do for my own personal trading, the YouTube channel and any courses I produce. Depending on what markets you trade, you can add (at an additional cost) various real-time price feeds from a host of global exchanges. The technical tools available are vast and covers pretty much every aspect of the subject. On top of this, there is great ‘social’ functionality, news, events, as well as the opportunity to create and test your own strategies and indicators or dip into the library of free tools that others have created. In our opinion TradingView is a great, flexible, affordable option for the serious trader and investor.